Read the Blog in Full

Read the Blog in full

Read the Blog in full
READ THE BLOG IN FULL

Sunday, May 11, 2014

All the Nuts aren’t with The Pancake’s Part 21

I walk through the kitchen; everything is just where I left it.  There is a white plastic bag on the counter. I peek inside. I can see two Styrofoam containers and I can smell breakfast.

“How Sweet,” I think again.

It looks like George has brought home breakfast for Chris. I quietly bet two bucks that someone will end up throwing it.

I stand at the top of the stairs. I can hear things crashing, things being thrown and Chris sobbing and pleading.

I slide down the basement stairs, keeping my back to the wall. From the second landing I can see that Georges bedroom door is open.

“Crash!” out fly’s a box of videocassette tapes.

I quickly peek my head around the corner into George’s room.

“I have an unwanted guest in my house and I need the police.” screams George into the receiver.

Chris is in full freak out mode. He is red in the face and it looks like he has soiled his underwear. Too me he looks like a terrified animal that has been cornered. I feel sorry for him.

Chris keeps running at George who with one hand flips him away like a rag doll. Every time Chris gets pushed away he bounces back and tries to pounce on George. With his other hand, George is covering the mouthpiece on the phone. It’s as if he is embarrassed that the police will hear what is going on and needs to keep up appearances with his neighbors.

A thin string of saliva hangs from Chris’ nose and has attached itself to his chin. He is blubbering. Chris makes another dash at George. This time George stops him by punching him dead in the face. There is a “crunching sound” as Chris’ head flies back. A spatter of blood hits the door and lands on my shirt.

“You!” “You!” Chris begins screaming at me, when he sees whose feet he landed at.

“You did this!” he screams pointing a finger at me before he pounces. He flies into the air and George quickly reaches out and catches him by the back of his neck in mid air. Chris makes a gagging noise and flops around like a fish caught on a line.

His legs kick and then George just flings him into the far wall.

Just like in the cartoons, Chris flies upside down into George’s bookshelf. The shelf tips forward, various things from the shelves land on Chris and bounce off his head.

This has gone too far but I can’t seem to bring myself to stop it.

Chris lies motionless on the floor.


To be continued…

Geoffrey Doig-Marx holds all written and electronic rights to his writing "A Day in the Life/Down the Rabbit Hole". It cannot be reprinted in part or whole without his written consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG IN FULL ORDER

BLOG IN FULL ORDER
BLOG IN FULL ORDER

Translate

Feed Shark