Read the Blog in Full

Read the Blog in full

Read the Blog in full
READ THE BLOG IN FULL

Monday, December 13, 2010

Hey! You! Get Out of My Way! Part 16 Enter the 9th Circle

Don goes through the various gins that he has behind the bar.  I resist the urge to order a glass of warm piss to dump on this patrons head.  The bar is packed to overflowing, naked stripper boys are dancing on the bar, the basement door has a steady stream heading in and out and the women’s room has a line to get into it.  In my experience the women’s room in gay bars is used for people to do their drugs without fear of someone actually needing to use it.
I can hear a loud screaming match starting between two patrons.  This quickly escalates into pushing and chair throwing.  The whole bar seems to be pushing back and forth and now punches are being thrown.  I see an old queen stand up on his chair afraid of getting in the middle.  “Get Brian’” Don yells.
I kneel on the bar and begin searching the crowd for our bouncer.  The fight is so out of hand at this point that people are ducking for cover and the crowd is pushing back.  I spot Brian in the corner on the pinball machine.  “Brian, Brian!” I start screaming.  Brian is clearly involved in his game and can’t hear me.  The fight is about 12 feet away from Brain but he doesn’t even notice.
I squeeze through the crowd and push my way over to the pinball machine.  “Brian, there’s a fight and we need your help.” I cry, yelling to be heard.  Brian’s eyes are glassy and he mumbles “I just put a quarter in the game.”   I say “Brian, did you hear me? There’s a fight going on and we need your help.”  “Did you hear me? I just put a quarter in this game and I want to finish playing!” Brian shoots back at me.  I look at him and can’t believe what I am hearing.
Reaching behind the machine I find the cord and follow it with my eyes into the wall.  Grabbing it firmly in my hand, I give it a snap and it flies free of the plug shutting the game down immediately.  Brian pauses as if caught in headlights and then he looks at me.  “Fucker!” he screams his face immediately turning crimson.   He lunges and I duck back into the crowd.  I run towards the fight.  I am ducking blows, Brian is right behind me and as luck would have it, Brian gets punched in the face.  That’s all he needs to release the rage he has inside, bodies start flying around.  I feel that I am watching a Popeye cartoon.
People are flying through the air and I can see Brian in the middle.  I head for the safety of the bar.  Directly in front of me on the other side of the bar is Bob.  “I heard that there was a fight, I came to make sure that you were ok.” He says adding a smile.  In the middle of this chaos I am frozen to the spot.
To be continued…………………………

Geoffrey Doig-Marx holds all written and electronic rights to his writting "A Day in the Life". It can not be reprinted in part or whole without his written consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG IN FULL ORDER

BLOG IN FULL ORDER
BLOG IN FULL ORDER

Translate