Read the Blog in Full

Read the Blog in full

Read the Blog in full
READ THE BLOG IN FULL

Monday, October 15, 2012

A New Chapter Starts Part 11


I quickly wrap the towel around my waist and take a step back into the bathroom.  “I see you Geoff, you fucking Fucker!” Billy screams. He begins to pound and kick the door harder. “What is that?” David asks grabbing my arm.  My eyes are huge and I can feel the color draining out of my face. “It’s Billy,” I whisper.“Open this door, you fucking fuck!” Billy screams.

David wraps a towel around his waist and steps into the hallway. “Stay here!” he says putting up his hand and then closing the bathroom door behind him. “Where am I going to go?” I ask myself out loud. I quickly look around the room for a window. No such luck, there is only a shower and toilet in the room with me.

I reach over and turn the skeleton key in the door until I hear a click then I palm the key. I press my ear to the door. The key clatters to the floor and I scramble to catch it. My heart is beating quicker than a jackrabbit’s heart. I grab the key as it bounces off the tile and put it on the sink. I can hear Billy screaming louder and then I can hear David screaming back at him. It is hard to make out one word of what is being said.

The fight continues to escalate and now I can hear things being thrown, breakable things. “Mumble, mumble, mumble” and then smash, something hits the wall. It sounds as if the house is being destroyed as the mumbling, screaming and smashing continue.

I slide to my knees and press my eye to the keyhole. I can only see shadows moving in the kitchen but I can’t tell what’s going on. Then I can hear Billy screaming again. “I’ll kill you Geoff, you fucker!” Billy screams as something crashes against the bathroom door. I jump back and Billy yells “Come on you chicken fucker!” at me. I am not about to correct him from inside the bathroom but I suddenly realized that this wasn’t me, I don’t hide from problems and I can’t  lie, I have been caught. Time for this to end as I make sure that the towel is tight around my waist I grab the key off the sink and stick it in the door. The lock clicks to open and I step into the hallway.

David’s wet towel is lying in the middle of the floor. I step over it as I look up and down the hallway. I creep towards the kitchen. There are broken plates, glasses and anything else that seemed to be in Billys immediate reach.

David is standing naked with one hand around Billy’s throat and the other one around his wrist. Every time Billy starts to talk; David presses his hand tighter on Billy’s throat. The only sounds leaving Billy’s mouth now are dry grunts. I slide quickly into the room and the look of hate on Billy’s face when he sees me enter the kitchen says everything that he is not able to say at the moment.

“I,I,I, I’m going to leave now,” I say trying not to look at Billy. Billy struggles against David’s hand.

To be continued……..

Geoffrey Doig-Marx holds all written and electronic rights to his writing "A Day in the Life". It can not be reprinted in part or whole without his written consent.    



No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG IN FULL ORDER

BLOG IN FULL ORDER
BLOG IN FULL ORDER

Translate

Feed Shark