Read the Blog in Full

Read the Blog in full

Read the Blog in full
READ THE BLOG IN FULL

Monday, November 4, 2013

A New Start at the House of George Part 4

The first room immediately to my right after entering the House of George, is the living room. Directly in front of me are two Lazy Boy rockers with an end table that sits between them. The ashtray on the table is filled to capacity with smoked cigarettes. 

In the corner behind one of the Lazy Boy Rockers sits a giant cage. In the cage sits a giant parrot. This is George Jr., says George presenting the bird with a sweep of his arm.

“Hi George Jr.” I say taking a step closer to the cage. “Fuck You Cocksucker,” the bird screams as he bounces up and down. “I would watch my hand near George Jr.” George says before pulling me gently back from the cage. “Faggot, Faggot, Cocksucker!” The bird screams before grasping the bars with his beak. He moves one foot at a time to hang onto the side of the cage and flap his wings. “Cocksucker, Cocksucker!” he screams again.

“Isn’t that cute?” George asks me, “I taught him that.” “Fuck you, Fuck You!” screams George Jr. apparently to both of us. The bird never stops talking as George gives me the tour of the living room. On the opposite side of the room is a large giant wooden box, roughly the size of a coffin with a movie screen attached to it. 

“This is my favorite thing.” George says as he strokes the top of the box with the sleeve of his jacket. “The latest in home stereos, everything is attached and runs through speakers located throughout the house.” George reaches down, lifting the lid of the box. “This is a laser disc player.” The lid creaks open as I take a step forward. Inside the box are three light units that will project on the screen as soon as it’s turned on. Next to the television, George makes another proud sweep with his arm. “This is my Laser Disc Collection.”

I notice the first two titles on the shelf are the Texas Chain Saw Massacre and I spit on your grave. The discs are the same size as a vinyl record; they have a hard plastic outside. “How do you play these?” I ask. “Well, the disc is inside and you click it into the player,” George says pulling out I spit on your grave. The cover of the disc shows a girl who has clearly been through a rough situation, holding a knife. George begins to ramble on explaining how to turn the television on with the speakers, how to make the sound go through the house and how to turn on the cable. I have stopped listening and stare at the cover of I spit on your grave, in the background George Jr. is screaming “Cocksucker, Cocksucker!”

The tour continues. The next room on this floor is the laundry room; George goes through all the rules and regulations of doing laundry and with a smile adds, “That’s if you decide to live here.” I’m not listening but looking around at everything, something doesn’t seem right about George, about the house and about the bird. My Spidey sense is tingling again and I do what I do best, I try to ignore it.

The last room on this floor is the kitchen. There is a stove, refrigerator and a long counter top. “I work late and stop on my way home to pick up food.” George says opening the fridge, which is half empty with take out boxes.

“Where are the bedrooms?” I ask, “Next stop on our tour, in the basement!” George steps forward to the end of the kitchen and opens a door. I can see a flight of stairs.


To be continued….

Geoffrey Doig-Marx holds all written and electronic rights to his writing "A Day in the Life". It can not be reprinted in part or whole without his written consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG IN FULL ORDER

BLOG IN FULL ORDER
BLOG IN FULL ORDER

Translate

Feed Shark