Read the Blog in Full

Read the Blog in full

Read the Blog in full
READ THE BLOG IN FULL

Sunday, November 24, 2013

A New Start at the House of George Part 7

There is no way that I feel comfortable walking down this hallway with George now directly in back of me. “I can’t see anything.” I mumble as I slowly edge forward.

“Yeah, I put the light in the middle of this hallway and I should have installed it in front near the door.” George says with a little laugh. 

“Just a little bit further” he says.

George now places one hand on my shoulder and I physically jump. “A little jumpy?” George asks with his hand still on me. “No,” I respond “No, not at all.” Actually, I can hear my own heartbeat loud in my ears. I am afraid that George will turn on the lights and I will find myself in the middle of a torture chamber with other victims tied up. My brain reminds me that I was warned.

“Wait, I think the switch is somewhere on this wall.” George stops and takes his hand off my shoulder. I can hear Georges hand moving across the wall looking for the light switch. It’s the sound of dry calloused hands on wood. “Here it is!” George yells excitedly. 

The switch makes a click and nothing happens, then another click and again nothing happens. “Motherfucker!” George yells. “Are you fucking kidding me?” George continues flipping the light switch up and down, up and down and still nothing happens.

“Good Christ,” George screams, “The lights must have blown out.” “Wait here, I’ll fix this.” With that said I am left alone in the dark. I can hear George moving his hand up and down the wall, moving far away from me. “Motherfucker, God of hell,” George screams as he crashes into random crap in the dark.

I don’t move. “This is it,” I think to myself, “He is going to leave me here in the dark and come back later to kill me.

Minutes suddenly feel like hours in the dark. I figure that I will turn around and head back in the direction I came. “Just move slow,” I say out loud as I turn around and slowly inch back the way I came.

That’s when I hear a large “Clack” and the lights come on bathing the whole basement around me in a sick yellow light. I let out a scream when I see that someone is directly in front of me. It takes a minute to realize that it is a mirror and I am looking at my own reflection.

“Are you ok?” I hear George yell from the end of the basement. “I’m ok,” I yell back. George appears and is walking towards me. “Well the light wasn’t out, the circuit breaker was thrown and…” he stops. “Did you scream at your own reflection?” I say nothing as George’s nose crinkles up and his eyes twinkle, then he laughs and laughs, he starts laughing so hard that he begins to cough.

“You must have thought that I was some sort of killer or something leaving you alone in the dark!” George is killing himself laughing. He slides down and sits on the floor. “You should see your face!” George laughs harder pointing at me.

Somehow I wonder if he is a killer and this is the way he likes to play.


To be continued…

Geoffrey Doig-Marx holds all written and electronic rights to his writing "A Day in the Life". It can not be reprinted in part or whole without his written consent.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG IN FULL ORDER

BLOG IN FULL ORDER
BLOG IN FULL ORDER

Translate

Feed Shark